Grover C. Fields Middle School 2000 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. New Bern, NC 28560
252 - 514 - 6438 (phone) 252 - 514 - 6443 (fax)
Mrs. Thomasine Hassell is GCF's principal. Mrs. Erica Mourning is the assistant principal.
2012/13 End of Year Testing Schedule:
Friday, May 17th - Science MSL (Measure of Student Learning) for 6th & 7th Graders* Tuesday, May 21st Math EOG for all grade levels Wednesday, May 22nd Reading EOG for all grade levels Friday, May 24th Social Studies MSL for 8th graders* Wednesday, May 29th Friday, May 31st Science online Tuesday, June 4th - Algebra I EOC
*12:00 dismissal days for all middle school students.
* Proctors are especially needed for the May 21st and May 22nd testing days. Please call 514-6438 for more information. We need you! Thanks in advance.
* Did you know that Grover C. Fields participates in the FundingFactory Recycling Program? We do! Everyone can help out - it's free and simple. Just send in your old used printer/toner cartridges and old cell phones to GCF. We send them off to FundingFactory and earn desperately needed money and supplies for our students.
* The GCF PTO has a web page. Click on the link in the left hand navigation bar for information regarding PTO activities here at Grover C. Fields Middle School.
* To facilitate communicate, GCF has partnered with SchoolTipline. It allows students and parents to send us feedback and safety concerns. If needed, concerns can be anonymous through web or text messaging. Click on the link to the left for online messaging. To text message concerns: Send text to 847847 (tiptip) on your mobile phone, then either text 'follow @school' to get updates from your school - or - text @tip then the anonymous concern will be sent to a school official.
* Parents and students, you are now able to access your Accelerated Reader records at home via the Internet. Simply click on the link above and sign in to begin this journey. Students will log in using the same information they use when they log in to AR at school. Parents, you can sign up to receive automatic e-mail alerts when your student takes an Accelerated Reader test here at school.
* FYI - The drop out rate for Craven County Schools for the 2011-12 school year was 2.12% - the 10th lowest in the state of NC! Way to go!
Upcoming Events ... May 2013
* Friday, May 17 - Extend 2 Online, Science MSL (Measure of Student Learning) for 6th & 7th Grades Online, Noon Dismissal for Middle School Students * Tuesday, May 21 - Math EOG * Wednesday, May 22 - Reading EOG, Box Top Celebration 4th 9 Weeks, Noon Dismissal for Middle School Students * Thursday, May 23 - Noon Dismissal for Middle School Students * Friday, May 24 - Social Studies MSL (Measure of Student Learning) for 8th Graders, Noon Dismissal for Students * Monday, May 27 - Memorial Day Holiday - No School * Wednesday, May 29 - Science EOG online * Friday, May 31 - 8th Grade Dance 7:00 - 9:00pm
Upcoming Events ... June 2013
* Tuesday, June 4 - Algebra I EOC, 6th Grade Awards @ 8:15am * Wednesday, June 5 - 7th Grade Awards @ 8:15am * Thursday, June 6 - 8th Grade Awards @ 8:15am, 8th Grade Picnic @ 1pm * Friday, June 7 - Last Day of School, Field Day, Noon Dismissal.
I. GCF Vision Statement - Grover C. Fields will be the highest performing middle school in the county and in the state of North Carolina.
II. GCF Mission Statement - Grover C. Fields Middle School in collaboration with families and local communities will prepare all students to successfully complete middle school grades with essential academic and technical skills for high school and post-secondary education.
III. School Goals - Goal #1Optimum Student Achievement Goal #2 Safe and Inviting Learning and Working Environment Goal #3 Effective and Efficient Operations
Equal Opportunity Statement - Craven County School System administers all policies, educational programs, employment activities and admissions without discrimination against any person on the basis of individual's race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, physical characteristics, national origin, socioeconomic status or disability, except where exemption is appropriate and allowed by law.