|HMS School Uniform Policy
1. Red, white, or navy blue short or long sleeve polo shirts (no markings or logos). Red, white, or navy blue collared button-up shirts with no logos or markings are also permitted. Shirts must be tucked in and students must wear belts if their pants (or skirts) have belt loops. This applies to both male and female students.
2. Khaki (tan or white) or navy non-formfitting blue twill pants, shorts, capri pants, skirts, or dresses (no denim or corduroy, no cargo shorts or pants). Shorts, skirts, and dresses must meet fingertip length requirements and be within 4 inches of the knee - measured from the front or the back; and everything should fit appropriately around the waist (to prevent “sagging”).
3. In classrooms students may wear a red, white, or navy blue sweater or sweatshirt over the polo shirt (no markings or logos permitted and sweatshirts may not have hoods).
4. All coats or jackets are to be stored in lockers during the school day. Students may not wear coats in the classroms.
5. Closed-toe shoes must be worn at all times. Shoes with wheels inserted in the soles (heelies) are not permitted. Flip-flops are strictly prohibited.
Certain items not listed may be deemed inappropriate for students to wear. HMS reserves the right to determine what clothing is or is not appropriate. Remember that the Craven County Schools dress code is also enforced.
An improperly dressed student will NOT be allowed to attend class until he or she has changed into appropriate dress. Thank you for your cooperation and attention to our uniform policy!
Where can I purchase school uniforms?
Local stores such as Wal-Mart, Belk, JC Penney, Family Dollar, and K-Mart carry our uniforms.
Online options include:
Gap (& Old Navy)